Home » About the Ministry » Organisational Structure & Roles » Private: Policy Analysis and Research General Directorate » Petroleum Fund Directorate » Petroleum Fund Management Department Print Page
Petroleum Fund Management Department
This Department is responsible for issues related to the management of the application and use of the Petroleum Fund.
Our role and responsibilities
- Monitor the performance and the operational management of the Petroleum Fund and advise on appropriate changes in the management and investment strategy of the Fund and the Petroleum Fund legislation: Petroleum Fund Law, Operational Management Agreement, and Regulations
- Support relevant State departments in drafting analyses, studies, documents and proposals of recommendations and opinions on issues concerning management and investments
- Provide public information in accordance with transparency requirements in the Petroleum Fund Law, such as the Petroleum Fund Annual Report
- Contribute to capacity building and understanding by key stakeholders and society generally on Petroleum Fund issues
- Monitor the international financial market and the performance of other Sovereign Wealth Funds, including public research, analysis and reports issued on relevant economic and financial issues, and
- Provide briefs, relevant background information and advice and recommendations to the Minister in order to facilitate an informed decision-making process related to the management of the Petroleum Fund.