Home » Aid Effectiveness » Development Partner Engagement Sessions Print Page
Development Partner Engagement Sessions
We value the honest and open dialogue we enjoy with Development Partners working in Timor-Leste. In fact, it is this dialogue that allows us to maintain our reputation as effective facilitators of donor coordination.
One of the many ways in which we seek to sustain this dialogue is through our weekly Development Partner Engagement Sessions.
We invite selected Development Partners to discuss their development programming in Timor-Leste with us at a weekly Development Partner Engagement Session.
These sessions are informal yet frank exchanges of opinions and ideas about how to best calibrate Development Partner spending within Timor-Leste, in line with the Paris Declaration on Aid Effectiveness and the subsequent Accra Agenda for Action (AAA) to which Timor-Leste is a signatory.
How the sessions work
During sessions, we ask Development Partners to provide a short briefing, typically through a PowerPoint presentation, outlining responses to:
- How does your development assistance to Timor-Leste align with your country’s global foreign aid strategy?
- Does your country have a ‘Country Assistance Strategy to Timor-Leste’ or similar document?
- What are some of the key objectives of your country’s development assistance to Timor-Leste?
- What are some comparative advantages your assistance provides?
- Please state how your country’s assistance is aligned with the 2009 National Priorities.
- Please state in as much detail as possible how your assistance is aligned with the 2010 National Priorities.
- How has your assistance to Timor-Leste increased or decreased over the past several years?
- What levels of assistance to Timor-Leste do you anticipate providing throughout the next few years or throughout the life of your Country Assistance Strategy or similar document?
- Please provide us with some examples where your assistance has yielded clear results for the people of Timor-Leste?
- Please provide us with a map showing the distribution of your countries assistance in Timor-Leste
If you or your agency is interested in attending a Development Partner Engagement Session, please contact us at the Ministry of Finance’s Aid Effectiveness Directorate at firstname.lastname@example.org.