Home » Customs » Travelling to Timor-Leste » Moving Back to Timor-Leste Print Page
Moving Back to Timor-Leste
People returning to Timor-Leste are allowed to bring into the country certain goods and vehicles duty free, as long as they meet the following conditions:
They must have resided outside Timor-Leste for at least 18 consecutive months after leaving Timor-Leste. Common situations are students studying abroad or people going to work overseas.
The goods must be:
- Home furniture from the country you were living
- Bicycles and a motorcycle purchased and registered in the name of the person for more than 6 months in the country you were living
- A private vehicle for non-commercial use, towing trailers, or a camping trailer, a boat for recreational use, or a tourism airplane, for exclusive private use of the family and with a maximum load of five passengers, purchased and registered in the name of the interested party for more than six months in the country you were living
- Domestic animals, such as pets, for the home (see Quarantine Requirements for Timor-Leste)
- Portable instruments for arts or other professions, proven as necessary for the practice of a person’s profession such as medical or artist’s equipment
- Computers, up to the limit of 2 per family member, including a reasonable and proportional number of games and other electronic media.