Home » Procurement » Best Practice Guide to Government Procurement » 3 Tender Processes and Tender Documents Print Page
3 Tender Processes and Tender Documents
When procuring on behalf of the Government of Timor-Leste, you must understand the different tender processes and when and how to use them. This is set out in Decree Law.
Best Practice Guide 3: Tender Processes and Tender Documents
Ministry of Finance has developed a series of guides on the procurement process and required documentation for government officers who purchase goods, services or works on behalf of the Government of Timor-Leste.
The Best Practice Guide 3: Tender Processes and Tender Documents summarises the key tender processes and how to carry them out.
The key tender processes are:
- Request for quotes
- Public tendering
- National public tenders
- International public tender
- Limited tender by pre-qualification
- Restricted tenders
- Procedure by negotiation, and
- Procurement by sole sourcing and standing offer agreement.
The Guide also includes key documents for this step of the procurement process:
- Procurement Conduct Checklist (Annex A)
- Simple Request for Quotation (RFQ): Goods and Related services (Annex B)
- Simple Request for Quotation (RFQ): Works (Annex C)
- Simple Request for Quotation (RFQ): Consulting Services (Annex D)
- Invitation to Bid (ITB): Goods and Related Services (Annex E)
- Invitation to Bid (ITB): Medium Works (Annex F)
- Request for Proposals(RFP): Consulting Services (Sample only) (Annex G)
- Certificate of Exemption (Annex H)
- Letter to successful tenderer (Annex I), and
- Letter to unsuccessful tenderer (Annex J).