Home » About » Organisational Structure & Roles » Directorate General » General Directorate of Statistics » National Directorate of Methodology and Data Collection Print Page
National Directorate of Methodology and Data Collection
- Establish and maintain systems, standard operating procedures, records management and quality control for the National Directorate, in line with the law and customer service standards.
- Lead and manage the National Directorate’s contribution to DGS planning, reporting and organisational performance management and risk management processes.
- Develop procedures and rules for the collecting and managing statistical data in accordance with International best practice.
- Develop annual plans for the planned key surveys (TL Demographic Health survey 2016, Business Activity Survey 2016, Civil Registration and vital statistics, Labour survey, TLS Survey).
- Manage and monitor all activities of the data collection cycle, including broad statistical frameworks, classifications, standards and concepts.
- Conduct an assessment of the collection methods and instruments and monitor their cost and resource implications.
- Evaluate and improve current systems, processes and procedures to maintain or improve the quality of data produced and identify associated efficiencies.
- Coordinate with the Secretariats to run workshops and pilot the methodology and data collection process.
⇒ Timor-Leste National Statistics website: Census, trade figures, CPI, national accounts, surveys and publications.