Home » Announcements » Minister Emilia Pires trip to Norway to attend a series of activities, at the invitation from Director General of NORAD Print Page
Minister Emilia Pires trip to Norway to attend a series of activities, at the invitation from Director General of NORAD
Minister Emilia Pires trip to Norway to attend a series of activities, at the invitation from Director General of NORAD, as follows:
1) 10 December 2011 – attend ceremony of Nobel Peace Prize Award ;
2) 11 December 2011 – attend the Nobel Concert – in the evening of Dec 11;
3) 12 December 2011 –
- a. Activity: NORAD’S Annual Conference and Development, in Oslo, at Hotel Radisson Blu.
- b. Key note speakers:
- Ms Emilia Pires, Timor Leste Minister of Finance;
- Mr. Erik Solheim, the Norwegian Minister of the Environment and International Development ;
- Mr. Kofi Annan, the Kofi Anan Foundation;
- Ms, Mary B. Anderson, CDA Collaborative Learning Projects and the author of “Do No Harm: How Aid Can Support Peace- Or War”;
- Mr. Stein Tonnesson, Research Professor, Peace Research Institute Oslo (PRIO);
- Ms. Villa Kulild, Director General NORAD.
- Participants: 350 participants from across the world.
- d. Topics of the conference: “ … the winding road from conflict and fragility to the building of peaceful states. What role should development assistance play along the way?
- Minister Pires will deliver her speech over 30 minutes around : “aspects of Development assistance in situations of conflict . Considering that the international dialogue and the g7+ has provided an opening for a paradigm shift in the international collaboration with fragile states; and based on her experience both as TL Minister of Finance and as Chair of g7+, what are her views on how this shift might look. Also taking into account the 4th High Level Forum in Busan, South Korea outcomes, what are views on the way forward, in particular regarding the importance of ownership”.